Projects Requiring Permits

The City Administrator and/or Building Inspector reviews and inspects all commercial and residential building requests. All types of residential construction work require building permits from the City of Edgewood’s Permit Department, including:

  • Fences
  • Accessory buildings or storage sheds
  • Carports, patio covers or pergolas
  • Swimming pools and/or spas (over 24″ in depth below ground)
  • Residential- new home, room additions or remodels
  • Extending a driveway, patio or any other types of concrete work
  • Miscellaneous plumbing, electrical, or mechanical work; any other activity in which the owner or contractor desires to construct, enlarge, erect, alter, repair, move, demolish, convert, install, or replace a building or its utility system
  • Demolition of an existing building, structure or pool
  • Sprinkler systems
  • Signage – promotional or permanent
  • Commercial – new buildings, finish-outs, remodels or additions

All of the above require a Permit Application.
This is not an all-inclusive list. If you are unsure whether you may need a building permit, please call 903-896-4448.

Residential and Commercial remodel or alterations require permits when any wall, ceiling, roof line is added, removed or opened. The building will be inspected to ensure current building codes are met. For additional information please call City Hall. 

Storage Buildings in excess of 120 Sq Ft must have a permit.  A picture of the proposed building and site drawing where the building will be placed must be presented when applying for a permit.  No construction can begin without approval of the City.

Garage Sales – A total of 4 garage/yard sales permitted a year. Permit fees can be obtained at City Hall for $5.00 per permit.